TRIATHLETE OF THE YEAR (TOTY)
Each year a number of events on the Annual Calendar are awarded TWA State Series status. These events range in distance from short Sprint events up to the full Ironman distance. There are 12 Senior State Series events and 5 Junior State Series events for the 2012-2013 season. Points earned at these events will be used to calculate the Triathlete of the Year Awards, which are presented at the Annual Awards night at the end of the season.
SENIOR TRIATHLETE OF THE YEAR
The awards are for Triathlete of the Year (Open) and Triathlete of the Year (Age Group). Awards are made to the top three male and female triathletes in both categories. Athletes wishing to be considered in the Open category may accumulate points only in events in which they competed in that category. An athlete must be a financial member of Triathlon WA at the time of the event to accumulate points for that event.
Point allocation for each Series event will be counted for the first 10 TWA athletes in each category, within the following guidelines:
- An athlete must be a financial member of Triathlon WA at the time of the event to accumulate points for that event. Points will only be allocated to financial TWA members.
- All races will be treated exactly the same.
- If an athlete competes in more than the set number of races in which they can accumulate points, only their best seven (7) results will count.
Below is a list of the State Series events for the 2012-2013 season:
Senior State Series Races – 2012-2013
- City of Armadale Duathlon – Sunday 7th October, 2012
- Bunberri Classic – Sunday 18th November, 2012
- Ironman WA – Sunday 9th December, 2012
- TWA State Sprint Championships Hillary’s # 1 – Sunday 16th December, 2012
- City of Armadale Triathlon # 2 - Saturday 12th January 2013
- TWA State Olympic Distance Triathlon, Mandurah # 3 - Sunday 3rd February 2013
- TWA State Aquathlon Championships - Friday 8th February, 2013 (please note change of date)
- City of Rockingham Triathlon # 4 - Sunday 17th February, 2013
- Albany Classic – Sunday 3rd March, 2013
- Karri Valley Triathlon – Saturday 6th April 2013
- Hillary’s Race 2 TriEvents # 5 - Sunday 7th April, 2013
- SunSmart Ironman 70.3 Busselton – Saturday11th May, 2013
Open Male & Female Triathlete of the Year Perpetual Trophies
JUNIOR TRIATHLETE OF THE YEAR
The Junior Triathlon Series comprises a number of races specifically designed for junior triathletes aged 13-19 years. A set number of events to qualify are determined. Only Triathlon WA junior competitive members are eligible for the Series Awards. TRYstars members are not eligible for these awards as their membership status reflects their involvement in the participation based rather than competitive program.
The awards are for Junior Series (u/15) and Junior Series (u/19) – an athlete’s age is determined by their age on December 31, 2013. Awards are made to the top three triathletes in both the u/15 and u/19 categories and both female and male prizes are awarded in each category in the five selected races. Ties are resolved under the same premise as the senior point system and conditions are generally the same as apply to seniors. Points may be counted only if the triathlete is a financial junior competitive member of Triathlon WA at the time of the event.
Junior Triathlon Series Races – 2012-2013
- Bunbury Sprint Event – 18th November 2012 (500/14/5)
- West Australian Summer Triathlon Series Event #2 – Saturday 1st December 2012 (200/10/2) – results still being sorted
- Australia Day Triathlon West Australian Summer Event #3 – 26th January 2013 (400/14/3) – results still being sorted
- City of Rockingham Triathlon – 17th February 2013 (250/10/2)
- West Australian Summer Series Events #5 – Coogee – 14th April 2013 (750/20/5)
Junior TOTY Results 2012-2013 - spreadsheet not available in excitement for the Awards Dinner
TEP ATHLETE OF THE YEAR
This award is awarded annually to the Triathlon Excellence Program athlete who has show commitment, improvement and performance throughout the season following guidelines and selection by the TWA HP Coach and Athlete Development pathway Panel:
- National ranking and results
- Attendance and attitude at training
- Commitment to team values and interaction
- Skills growth and continued improvement
Athletes race results will be selected from 3 TWA State Series Races and 3 National Junior Series Races. The same point score will apply for all TEP races.
Please click on the following link for full details of the Triathlete of the Year Policy:
State Series Incentives Prizes
The 2008/2009 season saw the implementation of a number of new initiatives aimed at increasing participation and raising the status of the TWA State Series. These initiatives proved to be very successful and TWA wish to build on this success for the 2012/2013 season. A number of Open and Age Group incentive prizes will be on offer at each of the TWA State Series events, including cash prizes and Free TWA membership for the 2012-2013 season. Click on the following link for further details:
The Triathlete of the Year awards were given out last Saturday 30th June at the Annual Awards Dinner. Congratulations to all the recipients of the awards and all our competitors. Please see the link below for the full list of results.