The TWA Affiliated Clubs and Triathlon WA membership year runs from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2014. We are providing you with a one-time offer for new members of Triathlon Australia – up to 15 months of FULL membership benefits if you join after 1st April 2013. You must be a member of Triathlon WA in order to accrue points towards Triathlete of the Year and other season awards. You must be a member of Triathlon Australia to receive the ‘member rate’ at all sanctioned events.
Your racing age for the entire season is determined by your age as at 31 December 2013. The membership system will automatically generate your age category once you have entered your date of birth.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIPS
There are various types of membership available.
Anyone over the age of 19 (as at 31st December 2013) who wishes to join the Association and compete in and train for Triathlon and Multisport events.
This includes 3 types of membership:
- JUNIOR 5-11YRS – Age as 31 December 2013
- JUNIOR 12-19 YRS – This includes an option to choose from the following membership types
- Junior 12-19 membership – Anybody between the ages of 12-19yrs as of 31st December 2013 who wishes to join the Association and compete in Triathlon and Multisport events.
- ITU Junior Member – Anybody between the ages of 16-19 as of 31st December 2014 (i.e. born in the years 1995, 1996, 1997 & 1998) who have been endorsed to race in draft legal races such as the Australian Junior Triathlon Series.
- ITU Youth Member – Anybody between the ages of 13-15 as of 31st December 2014 (i.e. born in the years 1999, 2000 & 2001) who have been endorsed to race in draft legal races such as the Australian Youth Triathlon Championships.
Families with two or more children (under 19 as at 31st December 2013) who wish to join the Association and compete in Triathlon and Multisport events.
For all NCAS accredited coaches who wish to be recognised as a Triathlon Australia Recognised Practicing Coach (RPC).
For all Australian athletes wishing to compete in Triathlon, Duathlon or Aquathlon Events with an overall Prize purse (male & female combined) above $5,000 (Australian) or greater.
Non-competing (and non-Training) Membership
Those who will not compete in, or train for, Triathlon or Multisport events, but have a keen interest or involvement in the sport as a volunteer, spectator, and/or wish to receive regular updates and communication from National and State Associations. The association’s insurance policy does provide public liability and personal accident insurance cover if you are volunteering, or officiating at any Club activity or sanctioned multisport event.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE: this type of membership does NOT provide you with Public Liability or Personal Accident Insurance whilst training for, or competing in events. Nor does it allow you to actively participate in club races or club training events.
This membership category should also be selected for Non-Competing Technical Officials who will then be charged no fee for their membership after indicating that they have a current NOAS accreditation number.”
Secondary Club Membership
You must be a current 2013-2014 member of Triathlon WA to obtain a Secondary club membership. You can join as many clubs as you wish however, the club you register with initially is your PRIMARY club. All other clubs are your SECONDARY clubs and you may join them directly by contacting the relevant club, once you are a member of TWA. A copy of the Secondary Membership form will need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org once it has been signed by a committee member of the Secondary club. Click here to download a copy of the Secondary Club Membership form.
Any questions please feel free to ring TWA on 08 9443 9778.