Latest Coaching News
Triathlon Australia has recently appointed a new position to assist coaches nationally.
Wayne Goldsmith has been appointed as the TA National Coaching Development
Manager & is based on the Gold Coast.
The new updated Triathlon Australia web page features a Coaching section & includes
a link to the 1st National Coaching Conference to be held after the Noosa Triathlon
on the 5th & 6th of November.
|SRM power presentation to WA coaches|
|Coaches join Running legend for a info night|
CEPT (Coaches Education Program Triathlon)
- Coaches Pathway for progressions up to the next level. Some prior learning can be recognised but always subject to TWA/TA policy decisions
- Level O Active coaching over 2years @LO
- Level 1 Active coaching over 4 years @L1
- Level 2 Active coaching over 4 years @ L2 Is a 4 day course attended via a TWA endorsement. Coach to have national series podium athletes
- Level 3 by Invitation from TA and coaches Olympic Athletes
- On a regular basis please visit the Coaches Calendar located on the main TWA site ” Calendar Tab ” for up coming coaching courses (see list below for this month).
- As part of ongoing accreditaion requiremnts coaching/education evidence is needed to be sent into TWA before August 1st each year.
- This is requirement is set at 6 hours of educational activity per the 4 year period for Level O and Level 1 plus 24 hours each year of practical hands on coaching
- You will not be able to achieve coach re-acredition at any level without completing a TWA Coaching tracking form by July 1st each calendar year
- For a Level 2 Coach it is 24 hrs of educational activity per 4 year period and 60 hours per year of practical hands on coaching
- For updating your yearly coaching – just input details on the following Coaches Accreditation Tracking Form. & email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development pathways onto next level through education, seminars, experience
- Linking strategies with other sports
- Ongoing resources — eg: regular monthly seminar for accredited coaches
- Mentor programs in year 1 of accreditaion
- DSR funding for Coaching growth
- DSR Scholarships
Extra Support for Regional Coaches
- TWA Coaching Courses with assistance of DSR & Skywest
- Specific Coaching visits/seminars (Coaching Juniors, Coaching TID, Nutrition, club coaching) for the area
- Mentor coach in Metro area (level 2) in first year of obtaining Level 1
- Coaching resources via media (DVD, Skype)
- Australian Sports Commission’s coaching web page for useful and ongoing information on coaching.
- Coaching Australia Newletter Vol 11, No 1
- Nutrition: http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/nutrition/factsheets
- Psychology: http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/sssm/psychology/brainwaves
The Coaches Toolbox (PDFs featuring training ideas)
Click here for a template re planning a coaching session
Click here for an example of a mini tri coaching session
TWA Coaching & National Talent ID & Development contact: email@example.com